You know that most phone's vendors "force" you to use their own apps to upload/download files between your phone and computer.
As you also know, KIES is heavy, use a lot of resource with many
processes and startup items, and is not very necessary (unless u need to
update your firmware).
So there is how to deal without it :
1- if Kies already installed:
- Uninstall it but keep the driver (dont check the box)
- Connect your phone via usb
- Normally a "removable disk" icon appears on your computer panel but
when clicking on it , it says "please insert a disk in removable disk...
- Dont panic, normally your phone taskbar should show an usb icon
- Scroll down the bar, now you should see under ongoing, "usb connected - select to copy files to/from your computer"
- Tap on it
- The Android logo appears with "connect storage to pc" button, tap on it
- A popup will appear, tap ok
- Your phone will connect then a window will open showing your phone
files and in your computer panel the icon of "removable disk" will show
the phone disk space.
2- if Kies not installed, and Windows don't have the drivers
- Just Download and install the usb driver (not kies): http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=961956
- then do the step above.